Windy Twilley

Yarn keeps me from opening fire.


It Is Finished.

I completed my Christmas stocking. I used myself as a guinea pig, and picked a pretty complicated chart. I'm really excited that it turned out as well as it did.

The red yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Cranberry, the white is Patons Classic Merino in Winter White. I used two size 7 circulars, which I have to say, I don't like as much as using dpns. I know this makes me quite the rebel in the knitting world.

I'm also not thrilled with how big the heel looks on the finished product - but I didn't want to attempt the pattern across the gusset decreases, so I'll have to live with it. More room for goodies, right? Right.

I am very thrilled with the pattern. This is the first time I've done stranded colorwork, and it turned out really nicely. I even fashioned a knitting thimble out of heavy-gague coated wire we had.

Next on the needles is Tyler's stocking, which features crabs along the cuff and a sunburst motif on the body. He's so excited to see his name appear from the needles.

Down below, you can see the finished set I made for Todd's cousin, who is due in May (and whose last name is May, interestingly).


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Booher, nice stocking! This is Richard Reinsch from ye old Koch Fellowship - Libertarian days. What's up with you? Supermom, no? Let me know how it goes?

5:57 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Windy, I've tagged you in a meme chain. Go to my blog and see the rules and I hope you'll play along. You can put this URL in your browser to get there:


9:52 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I hope you check here again sometime.

Happy Valentines Day.


12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home